Three global miners including Australia’s BHP have become embroiled in an alleged human rights crisis in Colombia, with indigenous communities claiming the jointly owned Cerrejón coal mine is depriving them of water and exacerbating illnesses amid the coronavirus emergency.
- Jamaica becomes first Caribbean nation to submit tougher climate plan to UN July 2, 2020
- Ireland to set annual emissions goals to reach 2050 carbon neutrality June 30, 2020
- UN Chief: No Good Reason For Any Country To Include Coal In COVID-19 Plan June 26, 2020
- EU – China Summit 2020 June 23, 2020
- Climate action is key to fighting pandemics June 18, 2020